Our DMU Driver Taster Session lasts one and a half hours as you:
- Sit in the Driver's seat.
- Fit the Driver's key and controls into position.
- Listen to the Driver as he explains what to do.
- Set the lights and destination blind.
- Create vacuum pressure in the braking system.
- Get the ‘ready to start’ signal from the Guard.
- Press down the Deadman's handle.
- Engage first gear.
- Apply power and you’ll hear and feel the engines rev.
- Release the brake and away you go!
- Blow the horn and obey all the speed restrictions – there’s lots to look out for!
- Now you’re in the seat and on the move the Driver will instruct how to control the train, how much power to use, when to change gear, how much brake pressure you’ll need and where to apply them but its YOU that’s driving, YOU that’s making the train move, now all you have to do is stop in the right places without jerking!
All participants will receive 2 free day rover tickets for family and friends, plus a commemorative certificate and gift from the ESR on completion of your experience.